Cllr. Patricia Ngeneleni Mncwabe was born on 12 June 1969 at Trevelen Farm (Underberg). Cllr. Mncwabe started working at Sani Pass Hotel and she has also worked for the following companies, Kwezintaba Tour in Underberg, Macrae Bath Attorneys in Underberg, Underberg Estate Agency, and Video Buzz in Underberg.
Cllr. Mncwabe was active in politics which led her to be the ANC Branch Secretary (Underberg) in 2007 and 2008, in 2009- 2014 she became Deputy Secretary for ANC branch in Underberg. Cllr. Mncwabe was elected as a ward Councilor in 2011 for KwaSani Municipality. On the 03 August 2016 Cllr. Mncwabe was re- elected as a ward 3 Councilor as well as the new Mayor of Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma Local Municipality.
Duties of the Mayor
- Presides at meetings of the executive committee
- Performs the duties, including any ceremonial functions, and exercises the powers delegated to her/him by the municipal council or the executive committee and determine the date, time and venue of ordinary and special executive committee meetings
- Providing guidance to Councillors about what is expected of a Councillor, including in relation to the role of a Councillor under section65, and the observation of the Councillor Conduct Principals and the Councillor Code of Conduct under section 76B, 76BA and 76C
- Acting as the principal spokesperson for the Council
- Supporting good working relations between Council
A council may delegate powers and functions to its mayor