NKOSIYEZWE CYPRIAN VEZINkosiyezwe Cyprian Vezi joined Ingwe Local Municipality in January 2013. He has an experience of 20 years in local government, starting from the local government transitional period in 1996.He started off in local government as an ANC Councillor in the UGU Regional Council and worked as a member of the Vulamehlo Standing Committee. He was part of the Change Management Committee that established the Sisonke District Municipality in the run up to the 2000 local government elections.He was a PR Councillor representing the ANC in the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality from 2004 to 2006. In 2006 he was elected ward Councillor for Ubuhlebezwe Municipality and subsequently its Deputy Mayor till 2011.In 2011 he was elected Councillor at the then Sisonke District Municipality, now called Harry Gwala District Municipality. He was appointed Whip and member of the Finance Committee.
He studied public administration qualifications include some
of the following:
1. Specialist Programme in Local Government Management: Nelson
2. National Certificate in Local Government Councillor Practices – University of Zululand in Partnership with Africa Governance Transformation
3. Certificate in Local Government Law and Municipal Administration – University Pretoria.
4. Executive Municipal Leadership Development Programme – University of Pretoria.
5. Higher Certificate in Political Leadership – St Augustine College
6. Certificate in the Management and Development of Local Government- Wits School of Government
7. Post Graduate Diploma in Governance and Political Transformation -University of the Free State.
8. Municipal Finance Management Programme- Regent Business School
9. Masters in Public Administration – UKZN (current)In the year 2013 he was appointed Municipal
at Ingwe Municipality., a position he still holds now.He is a highly qualified
teacher, trade unionist, manager and education specialist. He obtained his
first teaching qualification at the famous Amanzimtoti Zulu Teacher Training
College in 1993. He started his teaching career at Dumabezwe Secondary 2 School
in Donnybrook 1994. In 1995 he transferred to Nokweja Secondary School where he
taught until 2009, when he was promoted Principal at Sonqobasimunye Sec School,
after teaching for 5 years. This was due to the dedication and commitment to
his work he displayed as a junior teacher.His teaching qualifications include
among others, the ff:1. Secondary Teachers Diploma -Amanzimtoti Zulu Teacher
2. Bachelor of Education ( 4 year degree) -Nelson Mandela
3. Advanced Certificate in Education -University of South Africa
4. Higher Certificate in Adult Basic Education and Training – University of South AfricaAfter serving for 7 years as a principal at Sonqobasimunye Sec School, he was promoted to Deputy Chief Education Specialist and subsequently Chief Education Specialist in Kokstad where he served as a Deputy Director until 2013.