BUGDET AND TREASURY OFFICE
Position: SCM Contract Management Officer
Remuneration: R 180 000. 00 P.A Plus Normal Municipal Benefits
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- National Diploma in Accounting or any other relevant qualification
- A minimum of 02 – 03 years relevant experience.
- Computer Literacy,
- Fluency in both English & Isizulu
- Valid driver’s licence
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Local Government Legislations and be able to execute tasks associated with this post in line with SCM Regulations.
Key Performance Areas:
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Administering concluded contracts, interacting with departments to establish conformance with specifications, terms, and conditions.
- Administering contracts effectively in accordance with the Council policies, procedures and compliant with applicable legislative requirement.
- Interacting with the Project Managers about the signing of contracts and service level agreements for all contracts entered by the Council.
- Ensuring that all contracts are accurately recorded on the contract Register and regularly update.
- Reviewing contracts on the contract register to ensure their validity.
- Co-ordinating and control the application of the procedures in respect of the supplier performance monitoring and contract management.
- Preparing reports on non-performing / poor performing companies and recommends the appropriate actions to be taken to remedy the situation.
- Supervising activities of the personnel to ensure that work performed meets acceptable standards and is completed within agreed upon timelines.
- Maintain contract register in a format provided by Provincial Treasury.
- Liaising and ensuring that sufficient documentation is obtained for all contracts entered into in terms of Section 32 of the SCM Policy.
Enquiries: Mr S. A Radebe 0605218374 \ (039) 833 1038 (During working hours 08h00 to 16h30)
Please note: A signed application letter, certified copies of your academic qualifications, ID, Driver’s license, and a detailed copy of your curriculum vitae with three references must accompany your application.
NB: No faxed OR emailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates, should you not receive correspondence within one month of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment.
Please forward your application to Mr N C Vezi, the Municipal Manager, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma Local Municipality, P.O Box 62, Creighton, 3263 or Hand-deliver to: Municipality Building, Main Street, Creighton 3263 or 32 Arbuckle Street, Himeville, 3256 (During office hours from 08h00 to 16h30).
CLOSING DATE: 09 OCTOBER 2020 AT 16:00 PM
Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma Municipality is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the achievement of diversity, equity and maintenance of representativity in terms of race, gender and disability. Candidate whose appointment will promote representativity will be given preference.